The Tolkien Plotbunny Adoption Agency's Journal|
[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 20 most recent journal entries recorded in
The Tolkien Plotbunny Adoption Agency's LiveJournal:
[ << Previous 20 ]
[ << Previous 20 ]
|Wednesday, September 20th, 2006|
Just wondering if this comm is still alive. :) I've got a large amount of plotbunny teeth sunk into my flesh, and although I'd love to be able to write them all down (I need the writing practice) I realise that I may not be able to. So, if I do have a couple whose jaws I can unclamp would I still be able to put them up here for someone else to deal with?
|Sunday, December 26th, 2004|
Just a couple of things I have had sitting around here...
A bunch of ideas sparked by quotes:
- "A cold voice answered: 'Come not between the Nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye.'" --the Lord of the Nazgûl said to Éowyn, before she slew him. Write an AU in which she does not slay him and is borne away to these "houses of lamentation" and what follows.
- "Only the waning might of Gondor stands now between him and a march in power along the coasts into the North; and if he comes, assailing the White Towers and the Havens, hereafter the Elves may have no escape from the lengthening shadows of Middle-earth." -- Galdor at the Council of Elrond. Write an AU in which Gondor does fall, as do the Heavens, Sauron conducts a "march of power" to the Havens and the Elves are trapped in Middle-earth with Sauron gaining more and more power.
- "In all the long wars with the Dark Tower treason has ever been our greatest foe." -- Gandalf. Write about a treasonous character. Could be in either age, with whatever character most strikes you to have been treasonous, definitely AU material but does not have to be.
- "And so am I, very dangerous: more dangerous than anything you will ever meet, unless you are brought alive before the seat of the Dark Lord." -- Gandalf. Send someone before the seat of the Dark Lord. Or, even better: Gandalf and Sauron face-off at Barad-dûr.
- "Radagast is, of course, a worthy Wizard, a master of shapes and changes of hue; and he has much lore of herbs and beasts, and birds are especially his friends." --Gandalf. Write something about the shape-changing Radgast.
- "If a man must needs walk in sight of the Black Gate, or tread the deadly flowers of Morgul Vale, then perils he will have." -- Aragorn, about travels in search of Gollum. Write about his travels in the Morgul Vale and before the Black Gate.
- "He will never love me, I fear; for he bit me, and I was not gentle." --Aragorn, about taking Gollum to Mirkwood. Write about Aragorn's not-gentleness toward Gollum.
And one that is totally random, but that I came upon while reading information on Adûnaic at Ardalambion:
- Elendil's name in Adûnaic is Nimruzîr. This is strange, though, because the way the word nimru- (Elf) is used suggests that his name would be translated to "lover of a particular one Elf" rather than "lover of Elves in general". Write Elendil and an Elf, your choice who.
|Monday, November 29th, 2004|
Obscure Rohirrim Bunnies Day!
-Fram, son of Frumgar, an ancestor of Eorl, slew Scatha the Worm in the approximate year 2000 of the Third Age. Following which the local dwarves claimed part of the treasure of Scatha of their own. Fram said no, sending them only the dragon's teeth, which led to a war between Fram and the dwarves, which cost Fram his life.
So write me:
*The battle between Fram and Scatha
*The death of Fram
*How the conflict was resolved (not mentioned anywhere in canon)
-King Folca, having rid the country of Orcs, went after a great beast called the 'Boar of Everholt', which he slew only to recieve mortal wounds from its tusks. BATTLES! ANGST! GIANT BEASTS OF DOOM! Go to it.
|Saturday, June 12th, 2004|
It Bit Me.
So, I was recently bitten by this plotbunny, but I don't want it. Any takers?
The House of Feanor ended up in the Everlasting Darkness, presumably, after the end of the Silmarillion. So did Morgoth. What happened? How desperate did the Noldor become to get out of there? Did they? How?
Stupid thing. *fwaps*
|Friday, June 11th, 2004|
My offerings are not many.
Hello! I'm new to the group. Yey me. ^_^
I have a bunny which I can never write, but which has been hanging from my ankle for...oh...a long time.
-- Merry and Pippin are not
allowed to go on the Quest; instead, Elladan and Elrohir, or Glorfindel, or some Random Elves (tm) are sent instead. What happens? Without the hobbits, do they make it over Caradhras? Is the Balrog awoken in Moria? Does Gandalf fall? If not, how is Saruman beaten? Is he? Is Boromir killed? Does Faramir survive Denethor's pyromaniacal frenzy? Does Eowyn kill the Witch-King? Most importantly; With two other hot Elves along, does Legolas have half as many fangirls?
Have fun with that one, guys. ;)
|Sunday, May 2nd, 2004|
-Write the story of Bergil's mother.
-The many Dunedain children, other
than Aragorn, who were raised at Rivendell - from Arahael son of Aranarth downwards.
-Eomund wooing Théodwyn.
-the tale of Mithrellas and Imrazor
|Tuesday, April 20th, 2004|
Nuzgul: Free to good home
I have too many plot bunnies running around, and I need to give some up for adoption.
* Akallabeth witch hunts -- what happened to the Faithful during the corruption of Ar-Pharazon?
* Morgoth/Sauron (why is this pairing never done?)
* Elladan/Gil-Galad -- a result of the Library of Moria random pairing generator. Very AU, but hey, it could have happened.
* Thranduil/Celeborn -- not very many with this pairing
* "Never Ever"
|Friday, March 26th, 2004|
First post, woop woop!
Just a few (disturbing) pairing ideas, for anyone who is twisted enough to write them:
1) Tom Bombadil/Old Man Willow (Blame it on slantedsunlight
2) Bill the Pony/Watcher in the Water.
|Tuesday, February 24th, 2004|
this wil be a bit of a squick, but...
I blame my evil sister for giving me this pairing.
Brace yourselves, it ain't pretty:
I know! I know! *cringes and hides while stuff is thrown at me*
I also had the idea of writing a story about one of the elves who died in Helm's Deep and their journy to the Hall of Mandos. Current Mood: seriously squicked
|Thursday, February 5th, 2004|
My Wants Are Few
Okay, I lied. I have the following bunnies on my hands:
I) Maedhros. Starring in any of the following:
A) Being in a fic with Elrond and Elros without terrifying them.
B) Getting killed by Fingon, and the ensuing AU.
C) Standing up to his father at the Oathtaking. What would have happened if Feanor's eldest son had never taken the Oath?
D) Being an older brother to six rambunctious elflings.
E) Hanging around with Fingon in a fluffy manner.
F) Searching for Elured and Elurin.
G) Not really liking being stuck in the Everlasting Darkness with Morgoth.
H) Having inferiority issues, because he's not the best at anything.
I freely confess I am obsessed with this guy.
II) Childhoods! I would love to see:
A) Elflet!Feanor. Because he can't always have been such a jerk.
B)Mini!Ainur. You know you want to write about all the trouble Iluvatar had keeping little Tulkas from bullying the others. And Nienna had colic.
C) Theodred, Eomer, and Eowyn as kids, playing together.
III) Pairings you have probably never seen:
A) Manwe/Ulmo. Go away. I've been considering too much symbolism.
B) Mablung/Damrod. Because they show up for all of three pages.
C) Aragorn/Elladan and/or Elrohir. G'wan...
D) Galadriel/Melian. Another use for the KeepOut! spell.
E) Yavanna/Arien. I blame Greek mythology.
Any takers? Current Mood: overwhelmed
You're all hoarding the plotbunnies. Stop it. I know you all have minds brimming with evil, fanged, bunnies just waiting to leap on unsuspecting bystanders like FLUFFY DEATH FROM ABOVE.
So (in a tribute to my boredom), here's a couple of themes to get you going:
1) Giant, soul-eating AUs. Seeing as I'm already kneedeep in one of these, I might as well inflict some suggestions on the rest of you:
A) Faramir, not Boromir, is the one who turns up at Rivendell and ends up in the Fellowship.
B) Gil-Galad survives the Last Alliance - and Elrond doesn't. (I have a thing for balancing acts in AUs. Bonus points if Elrond threw himself
heroically into Sauron's path to save his King.)
C) Arvedui's claim to the throne was not rejected by the council of Gondor and he succeeded Eärnur as King of Gondor. (And continued on as King of Arthedain, presumably, until Angmar smushed it.)
2) Stories that could center around an interesting, relatively canonical OC, that would not make Jen reach for the spork:
A) The story of Legolas' mother. Most times in fanfic she is being 1) abused by Thranduil, 2) cheating on Thranduil, 3) dying in childbirth, 4) being killed by spiders, or 5) leaving for Valinor. At some point there must have been courtship and marriage and Thranduil writing embarassing love poetry.
B) The Last Alliance: 'All living things were divided that day, and some of every kind, even beasts and birds, were found in either host, save the Elves only.'
. Put a Dwarf in Sauron's armies at the Last Alliance.
That's me done... for now. Any other ideas along these lines?
|Saturday, January 17th, 2004|
I have a few things wandering round in my brain that will not go away, and given that I'm already working on three long fics, I just don't have room for them.
1) POTR/LOTR Crossover. I have the phrase "Captain Jack Sparrow of Umbar" wandering around in my head. Bonus points if you set it during the time of Thorongil, and his first victory over the corsairs.
2) There are few opportunities for IC femslash, but one possible pairing has invaded my brain: Nerdanel/Amarie. Both lost their significant other due to the flight of the Noldor, although it is true that Nerdanel had possibly kicked Feanor out to sleep on the couch a while back. Somebody write this for me?
3) Thorongil/Théoden slash. For that matter, any stories about Aragorn's time serving under Thengel. I've seen lots about him while he worked for Ecthelion. But why
did he go to Rohan first? Just to prove himself? Because they had a good pension plan? WHY?
|Friday, November 7th, 2003|
Here's a plotbunny I won't have time to write for a long time at the rate they're racking themselves up:
Write a SONGFIC, Galadriel/Celeborn, based on the song "Ce He Mise Le Ulaingt-The Two Trees" by Loreena McKennitt. The song doesn't have to be within the story, but the story must use the scenario and plot of the song. If you don't know the song, I recommend you find it somewhere, because it is wonderful.
Oh, and I'm new here. Hi! Current Mood: amused
|Tuesday, July 29th, 2003|
A lot of authors seem to forget that while Valinor is an intrinsically healing place, just being there is not enough to make you immortal. Therefore, Sam, Frodo, and Gimli, the only three mortals ever to Sail, would eventually die, just like they would if they'd stayed in Middle Earth. So there's my challenge for today. Write me a post-Sailing deathfic. Or rec me one, if you know of any good ones.
|Monday, July 14th, 2003|
I have a sudden yen to read some good Legolas/Eowyn, because I want to know what their dynamic would be like in a fic that keeps them both in character and well-written.
Anyone know of anything reccable with that pairing? Or does anyone feel like writing it? Please?
And not the usual ones.
I'd like to see:
Little!Isildur, Denethor's childhood, Gimli as a baby, Elfling!Thranduil.
I want to know if Dwarves are born with beards or not, and if they have birthday parties. ;) Current Mood: curious
... but I've been too busy beating the little sods off to post 'em up here. You all know the drill - please adopt:
* Write up a Gondor fic/ficlet which deals realistically with the concept of a depressed Denethor. Depression has both its good and its bad points - one of the main good points is that it can provide a major tool for intellectual or physical focus, even though the sufferer does tend to distance themselves emotionally from people.
* What happened to the ruffians who were driven out of the Shire in the scouring of the Shire? Where did they go, what did they do?
* (Extremely silly) LOTR - cast with a Looney Tunes cast. Blame GreyLadyBast - It's her fault. Blame my ex as well - he enlarged on it. Just write it, and get it the hells out of here.
* (Extremely silly as well) LOTR cast with the Muppets. The human cast show up as the Nazgûl...
* Denethor's story - how would the eruption of Orodruin have affected him (remember, this happened when he was about twenty years old), what shaped him into the person we meet in Return of the King?
Please, just take them *off* my hands. Current Mood: Desperate
|Monday, June 16th, 2003|
A couple more bunnies for the pen...
This one won't leave me alone, but I can't write it: Nerdanel would know what happened to Miriel, right? And isn't that a scary thought? So what if she...held back, from her own sons? If she was stingy with her "fea" (whether consciously or subconsciously), that would explain why she was able to bear so many children...and why, in the end, they were more Feanor's than hers. Regrets/thoughts from the lady?
I also think I'd be highly amused if someone created a gay male Mary Sue Tenth Walker who slept his way through most if not all of the Fellowship. Alternately (minus the "Mary Sue" and "sleeping through the Fellowship" angles ;), this could be an interesting serious idea. It's one DR and/or I might tackle someday, but in the meantime it's vague enough that anyone else could grab it too.
Lastly, has anyone ever actually written Arathorn's death? Or Eomund's? I know HOW they died, I've just never SEEN it. Current Mood: distracted
|Friday, June 13th, 2003|
Tell the story of Merry and Pippin's last days in Rohan and Gondor. Bonus points for introducing Bergil and/or Beregond in the Gondor section. Because I loff
Bergil and Beregond.
Well, I warned you all. Have some more bunnies...
* Elrond and Thranduil get together over a bottle or several dozen of wine, to discuss the failings of their children.
* Generational differences between elven parents and children, or between different groups of elves. How would these be handled? How deep would they run? How would they be expressed?
* Aragorn watching over his great-grandchildren (assuming a standard of a 25-year generational span, there's time enough for the great-grands to be born and flourishing before he dies). What would he be looking for? What might he be looking at?
* What does the tale of the Fellowship of the Ring look like when you see it from a first-person viewpoint? Try one of the less central characters for this one, rather than Frodo, Sam or Aragorn. Would the whole thing seem daft, or ridiculous when viewed through another pair of eyes? Proviso: no diary entries.
* How likely is a Dunedain intelligence network in the North? Would there be men and women who would be contacts for Rangers in places such as Bree and its surrounding villages? It would be a good way of gathering information, something which would strengthen the political claim of the Chieftain of the Dunedain to the crown of Arnor, if it were eventually revived. So, what would a Ranger intelligence agent be like?
* Job applications for the rangers. What would the job ad look like? What would the selection criteria be? What would an application look like?
Observe the smooth, glossy fur, their lovely adorable ears, the beautiful big bunny eyes (don't look at the fangs, the fangs aren't interesting). Now don't you want to adopt one of these? Current Mood: busy